Los últimos artículos visitados
Château de Crupet-Crupet - Bélgica - S.
Price: 44,10 EUR
Manufacturer: Aedes ars
Family: Contruccion in stone
Approximate weight: 3.05 kg - 6.72 lb
Description: Crupet castle-Crupet - Belgium - C. XIII
Approx. Nº of pieces: 2.850
Difficulty degree: 5/10
Sizes (Mm.): 285 x 195 x 265
The castle of Crupet, situated in Wallonia, in the town of Crupet (Assesse County, Namur province) is a castle on the Belgian plain the origin of which dates back to the 11th or 12th century according to some authors; if we study its architecture it is more probable that its origins lie in the first half of the 13th century. The feudal estate of Crupet is mentioned from 1278 whereas the first mention of a work (mannoir de Cripeit) is 1304.
The solid tower was originally surrounded by deep moats and apparently belonged to the Count of Luxembourg to whom many other properties were attributed.
During the 14th century the fortified domain was transferred to the prince-bishop of Liege. In 1549 it became the property of the Carondelet family who added a floor to the keep covered by a pyramidal-shaped roof and definitively turned it into a residential castle with its own farmlands.
In 1629 or 1667, the property passed into the hands of the Mérode family and through inheritances and marriages it also passed through the hands of the Count of Tienes and the Marquis of Boëssière.
The castle was abandoned for a long period and was reacquired in 1925 by the architect Adrien Blomme who once again made it inhabitable. According to the scarce information available it still belongs to the descendants of A. Blomme.